Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Center Stage

It's a toss up, really, trying to determine what makes the best instrument for jazz. Some days it seems like the tenor sax, others a trumpet, or better yet the guitar. Never the flute or trombone, sorry. I've seen on some album that there was a tuba in the band, but that seems almost ridiculous. And then there are days when one musician will really sound fantastic. It's totally possible to wake up and think Hank Mobley is premiere only to end the day with Kenny Burrell taking center stage. I try to get at least 15 hours of jazz listening in a day, so the list of musicians I run through is exhaustive. I have the world of jazz at my fingertips with Yahoo's Juke Box.

This morning's top musician's: Joshua Redman, Ornette Coleman, Thelonious Monk

No comments: